Still revelling in the limelight of appearing in the recently aired programme Grand Designs Trade Secrets, Accoya™ is proving to be a star performer in the Oxford Planters line-up. On the More4 channel shown on 13/feb/08 Accoya™ was raved over for its durability and strength. We secured an exclusive deal for the use of Accoya™ for the Oxford Planters range following a chance meeting with the company’s executive.
Painted products manufactured and designed by Oxford Planters are now made in Accoya™.
Accoya™ is a new environmentally compatible wood using a modification technique that generates the durability and dimensional stability found in the best performing tropical hardwoods.
The secret of Accoya™ lies in the use of a vinegar process which boosts the numbers of acetyl molecules which are naturally occulting in wood.
- FSC and PEFC accredited
- 100% recyclable
- 3 x more durable and stable than softwood and hardwood
- Excellent performance in strength, hardness and colour
- 75% less shrinkage and swelling than softwoods and hardwoods
- 25 year below ground and rot guarantee
- 50 year above ground guarantee